We know times are confusing for independent businesses right now, but we’re confident we can get through this together. We strive to support our stockist family as much as possible, and have put together some resources to share with you to do just that. If your shop is open online or accepting contactless pickups and you would like to be mentioned in our Instagram stories, please fill out this form here for a chance to be featured!
UPDATE: For the time being, we have temporarily reduced our wholesale order minimum to support shops needing to place smaller restocks. We will make an announcement as soon as our order minimum is back into effect, but for now, a reduced order minimum is available for orders placed via our site or Faire (pfcandleco.faire.com).
BRICK & MORTAR TIPS + RESOURCES:
- Offer phone, email, or Instagram DM orders as an option for curbside pickups.
- Spread out your merchandise in your store to give customers more space for safe shopping. Limit the number of customers and employees in your store at a time, and adjust your shop hours depending on traffic if needed.
- Consider merchandising your product options in the front of your store for customers to easily window shop for contactless shopping.
- Payment providers like Clover and Square, are allowing businesses to take orders remotely online, accept over-the-phone payments, and use contactless payment methods too.
- Give and Get Local by Square is encouraging consumers to purchase gift cards from their local stores to support and offer options for customers to order pickup or delivery. Join their list of businesses in your neighborhood!
- Encourage gift card purchases for customers to use in the future. Curate gift sets or bundle best-selling products that go well together. Focus on self-care, home, and wellness goods while customers are staying inside.
E-COMMERCE TIPS + RESOURCES:
- All approved stockists are able to use our hi-resolution photography found here. We have lifestyle/product images, production shots, and logos available to use on your webshop, in your emails, or on socials. We have also compiled website copy here for you to quickly access and add to your site or product listings.
- Check out some strategies and suggestions on how to promote your online store here (from Shopify). Shopify is extending a 90-day free trial for new online businesses, local pickup/delivery options, and more to help small businesses out. Check out more resources here to connect with other businesses, explore free or discounted marketing resources, and more!
- Consider running limited-time markdowns, create discounts codes, or offer free shipping from your site to encourage more online sales. Promote what your business is doing on socials and consider connecting with your community by sending out an email campaign or using sites like Next Door.
- Take advantage of free marketing resources from sites like GoDaddy, Facebook Ads credits, or Google Ad credits.
- Encourage customers to continue to support your business by giving your business a positive google, facebook, or yelp review!
- WORLDWIDE RESOURCES: Shopify has compiled a list of available programs in different countries that businesses affected by COVID-19 can take advantage of. Check it out here.
- Check out federal and state-by-state resources for retailers in need of financial relief.
- Check out the Facebook Business Resource Hub which includes tips, resilience toolkit, and a quick action guide for you and your business.
- From the Faire blog, check out some Immediate Steps for Local Retailers During COVID-19.
LASTLY, STAY SAFE:
- Practice good hygiene by using noncontact methods of greeting.
- Disinfect surfaces regularly and increase ventilation.
- Be careful with meetings/travel, and use video conferencing when possible.
- Stay home if you/your employees are feeling sick or have a sick family member at home.
Thank you so much for being part of our stockist family. If there’s anything we can do to support you right now, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.