We know times are confusing for independent businesses right now, but we’re confident we can get through this together. We strive to support our stockist family as much as possible, and have put together some resources to share with you to do just that.
UPDATE: For the time being, we are removing our wholesale order minimum to support shops needing to place smaller restocks. We will make an announcement as soon as we plan to put the order minimum back into effect, but for now, we are not requiring minimums on orders placed via our site or Faire.
IF YOU’RE STILL OPEN TO IN-PERSON SHOPPERS:
- Offer phone-ordering and curbside pickup to encourage self-distancing
- Some payment providers like Clover and Square, are allowing businesses to take orders remotely online, accept over-the-phone payments, and use contactless payment methods too.
- Give and Get Local by Square is encouraging consumers to purchase gift cards from their local stores to support and offer options for customers to order pickup or delivery. Join their list of businesses in your neighborhood!
- Encourage gift card purchases for customers to use in the future.
IF YOU’RE BRINGING YOUR BUSINESS ONLINE:
Please take advantage of our hi-resolution photography found here. We have lifestyle/product images, production shots, and logos available to use on your webshop, in your emails, or on socials. We have also compiled website copy here for you to quickly access and add to your site or product listings.
- Check out some strategies and suggestions on how to promote your online store here (from Shopify). Shopify is extending a 90-day free trial for new online businesses, physical + digital gift card options, local pickup/delivery options, and more to help small businesses out.
- Consider running limited-time markdowns, create discounts codes, or offer free shipping from your site to encourage more online sales. Promote what your business is doing on socials and consider connecting with your community by sending out an email campaign or using sites like Next Door.
- Take advantage of free marketing resources from sites like GoDaddy or Facebook Ads credits.
- Curate gift sets or bundle best-selling products that go well together. Focus on self-care, home, and wellness goods while customers are staying inside.
- Encourage customers to continue to support your business by giving your business a positive google, facebook, or yelp review!
- If you are a Shopify Merchant, check out more resources here to connect with other businesses, explore free or discounted marketing resources, and more!
If your shop is going online or running any limited-time promotions, let us know and we’ll share with our followers on our Instagram stories!
IF YOU’RE IN NEED OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT:
WORLDWIDE RESOURCES: Shopify has compiled a list of available programs in different countries that businesses affected by COVID-19 can take advantage of. Check that out here.
“The U.S. Small Business Administration is offering designated states and territories low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).” Learn more here.
- Impact Calculator from our partner Faire, to help you assess and understand the potential impact of this pandemic on your business.
- Facebook Business is launching a Small Business Grants Program and offering $100M in cash grants and ad credits to eligible businesses - learn more here.
- Federal and state-by-state resources for retailers in need of financial relief created by our partner, Faire - check it out here.
- From the Faire blog, check out some Immediate Steps for Local Retailers During COVID-19.
Check out the Facebook Business Resource Hub which includes tips, resilience toolkit, and a quick action guide for you and your business.
FOR OUR CALIFORNIA STOCKISTS:
LASTLY, STAY SAFE:
- Practice good hygiene by using noncontact methods of greeting.
- Disinfect surfaces regularly and increase ventilation.
- Be careful with meetings/travel, and use video conferencing when possible.
- Stay home if you/your employees are feeling sick or have a sick family member at home.
Thank you so much for being part of our stockist family. If there’s anything we can do to support you right now, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.